Confusion over Wild Croc Territory future after Matt Wright arrest warrant

Home Lifestyle Confusion over Wild Croc Territory future after Matt Wright arrest warrant
Confusion over Wild Croc Territory future after Matt Wright arrest warrant

Netflix has refused to comment on whether another season of a popular show will be produced after an arrest warrant was issued for one of its stars.

Northern Territory police issued an arrest warrant for Outback Wrangler and Wild Croc Territory star Matt Wright as they continue their investigations into a helicopter crash which killed a presenter on the show earlier this year.

Chris “Willow” Wilson died in a helicopter crash in West Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory while undertaking a crocodile egg collecting mission as a part of the show in February.

Both Netflix’s Wild Croc Territory and NatGeo’s Outback Wrangler focus on Mr Wright’s adventures in the top end as a helicopter pilot and crocodile wrangler, and also feature his friends such as Mr Wilson and Jono Brown.

Netflix declined to comment when asked by NCA NewsWire if they intend to commit to a second season of Wild Croc Territory after the incident.

Mr Wright, 43, has been asked to present to police in Darwin by Wednesday, where he is expected to be charged with several offences including perverting the course of justice, destruction of evidence, fabricating evidence, interfering with witnesses and two counts of unlawful entry.

In a statement provided to NCA NewsWire, a spokesman for Mr Wright said he “strenuously denies any wrongdoing”.

“What happened was a tragic accident that took the life of a close mate,” the spokesman said.

“His immediate concern following the accident was the condition of the two team members on-board at the time.

“The next priority was ensuring the other helicopters and team members at the site weren’t at risk and that the location was safe.

“Matt will not be making any further statement, but he will be vigorously defending the charges.”

Two other people who travelled to the crash site with Mr Wright after the incident have been charged with a string of offences and remain before the courts.

Former senior acting sergeant Neil Mellon was charged with 35 offences and will return to court on December 7.

His charges include attempting to pervert the course of justice, destroying evidence and making false declarations.

Pilot Michael Burbidge is facing four charges including attempting to pervert the course of justice, destroy evidence, making false declarations and fabricating evidence and will return to court on January 25.

It’s understood that Mr Wright has been living in Queensland in the wake of the crash.

Read related topics:Netflix

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.