Doctors find USB charging cable inside boy’s stomach

Home Lifestyle Doctors find USB charging cable inside boy’s stomach
Doctors find USB charging cable inside boy’s stomach

A 15-year-old boy baffled doctors when he came into a hospital with a USB charging cord —appearing to fit both phones and headphones — somehow lodged in his gut.

The boy, from Diyarbakir, Turkey, was rushed in by family after complaining of nausea and stomach pains. An X-ray quickly revealed the plastic-coated nightmare awaiting digestion.

He was thrown in an ambulance and transferred — about three hours away — to Firat University Hospital in Elazig where a specialist was going to take a crack at the charger-dectomy.

Pediatric gastroenterologist Yasar Dogan called for an endoscope procedure to rid the boy of the cable.

When he arrived, pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition department head Professor Dogan and his team got rid of the foreign object after performing an endoscopy procedure.

“We obviously had a hard time removing the cable, as one end of the cable had passed into the small intestine,” Dogan said.

After finally yanking the coiled cord out of the teen — then observed to have measured three feet in length — a hair tie was discovered inside of the boy as well.

It remains unclear how or why he consumed the objects.

“After the procedure was successfully concluded, the patient was sent home in good health,” Dogan added.

This article originally appeared in the New York Post and was reproduced with permission

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.