Victorian man finds beetle in McDonald’s burger

Home Food Victorian man finds beetle in McDonald’s burger
Victorian man finds beetle in McDonald’s burger

A Victorian McDonald’s customer was left in shock when he discovered a nasty surprise in his burger.

Brendan Prpic from Geelong, bought a large grand Angus burger from McDonald’s in Leopold on Wednesday and found a beetle in his bun, the Herald Sun reported.

“I kindly asked to speak to the manager and she said she had never seen it before,” he told the outlet.

The horrified customer was offered a refund or a replacement and was told an investigation would be conducted.

Want to stream your news? Flash lets you stream 25+ news channels in 1 place. New to Flash? Try 1 month free. Offer available for a limited time only >

Mr Prpic, who shared a photo of the beetle burger on social media, said he was now turned off by the fast food restaurant, a former favourite meal.

“I’m a bit put off all food now to be honest,” Mr Prpic said.

He said won’t be eating at the fast food chain anytime soon.

“Now I’m a bit suss on how all food is processed, how things are stored,” he said.

A McDonald’s Australia spokesperson confirmed to the Herald Sun confirmed the burger incident and said Mr Prpic had been given a full refund. An investigation was also underway.

“McDonald’s takes food and drink safety extremely seriously,” the spokesperson said.

“Our restaurants follow strict cleaning, hygiene, product inspection and preparation processes to ensure the quality of our food.

“We have offered the customer a full refund and are working with the restaurant to investigate this further.”

This is not the first time a fast food customer has made a foul discovery in their food.

Earlier this week, a Queensland KFC customer found three insects in her box of chips. She posted photos online of her discovery.

“​​I love my KFC chips with a side of … whatever the f*** this thing is,” the woman wrote to Facebook.

She was offered a $20 discount after she complained to the KFC store but she has no plans to eat at the fast food outlet again.

“As if I’m ever eating there again. F*** that for a joke,” she wrote.

“I’m sorry but $20 does not make up for that s**t, it probably happens so often, yuck.”

The woman reported the matter to the Queensland Department of Health as well as the KFC online portal.

A KFC spokesperson told news.com.au the matter was being investigated.

“We’re sorry our customer had this experience, and are trying to make contact to discuss the matter further,” they said.

“Our team is investigating the incident to better understand what has happened.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.